Thursday, 2 April 2015

Writerly Times

After several weeks of head-down editing, I now have some breathing space, and how better to spend it than on writerly matters?



I recently attended the launch of Alex Gray's latest Lorimer novel: Keep the Midnight Out. This is number 12 in the series, and I'm really looking forward to reading it. I'm resisting the temptation to start it - it's going to be an Easter weekend treat!








Last weekend, the Scottish Association of Writers ran their 46th annual conference at Westerwood Hotel and Conference Centre in Cumbernauld, near Glasgow. It is a lovely venue, where we were given the best of attention (including scrumptious food!)

The weekend consisted of adjudications of competitions, talks and workshops. A 'Dragons' Pen' gave seven members the opportunity to pitch their novels to three publishers. This was an innovation at last year's conference and has proved a popular feature of the weekend.

I really enjoyed meeting up with friends (old and new), chatting to them, exchanging views on writers and writing. I've come home with my mojo recharged, ready to start on my next project.

Joan

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed both events too, Joan. Have a good Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete