Tuesday, 6 December 2011
The Onset of Winter
With the end of November came the deadline for completion of the NaNo novel writing challenge. Although I didn't reach the 50,000 word total, I did manage to write 17,000 words of a new novel, as yet unedited. Who knows where this might lead?
In terms of weather, the beginning of December also marked the start of cold winter skies here. In the west of Scotland, we're accustomed to dealing with rain, and a week ago there were many parts of the area that were flooded, some of them taking several days to clear. Following on from that, the temperature dropped, and over the last two days we've had the first serious snows of the winter. Whilst the snow covered landscape is beautiful to look at through glass, weather conditions are playing havoc with plans that require transport.
But it's an ill wind... As my writers' group meeting is cancelled, I could perhaps add some more words to the new novel, or write some Christmas cards... or curl up on the sofa and read a book?
Joan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lovely photo, Joan! So which did you do in the end?
ReplyDeleteWell done on getting so far with your Nano book! Really love the photo too. Thanks to the wind I get an early finish from work so the winter weather suddenly doesn't seem so bad...
ReplyDeleteRosemary, I did the responsible thing and wrote some Christmas cards!
ReplyDeleteVikki, it is indeed an ill wind...
ReplyDelete