Welcome to my blog!
For the first entry in my blog, so that you’ll know where I’m coming from (so to speak), what better place to start than the garden of my West of Scotland home? Weather permitting, it’s a corner where I love to sit and read. And write.
The weather here this summer has been one of extremes: temperatures, rainfall, winds have all triggered a glance at the calendar to make sure we’re in the season we think we’re in. Of course, these unusual weather conditions have had an effect on our gardens. Spring flowers bloomed early and faded quickly. Bedding plants seemed to have drowned, then suddenly acquired a new lease of life, although many disappeared without trace.
Recently, we've been enjoying a heat wave, which the forecasters suggested would not last long. In this glorious weather, there are two blooms in our garden that are at their best: clematis and roses. The clematis was planted two years ago to cover a gap in the hedge. The rose bed is three years old.
In Scotland, there's an old-fashioned belief that every garden should have a rowan tree to bring good luck. If the berries appear early, it forecasts a harsh winter.
I hope that’s just an old wives’ tale!
Joan
Your blog is looking good, Joan. Great to see you making a start with blogging! The flowers look beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Rosemary. I'm afraid the blooms are now faded, but the leaves are still on the rowan tree.
ReplyDeleteJoan
GET YOUR BLANK CARD FOR FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH (blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com ) or WATSAPP: +1 (620) 307-3174.
ReplyDeleteWHEN I GOT MY BLANK ATM CARD FROM CJ BLANK CARD (blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com)EVERYTHING CHANGED FOR ME!!!
Hello Guys, My Life will never remain the same!!! I’m so happy I got mine from Robert Hernandez. My blank ATM card can withdraw €3000 weekly. I got it from them last week and now I have up to €15,000. The ATM card withdraws money from any automated teller machines worldwide. There’s no name on it, it’s also untraceable. I was directly linked to this organization on the dark web and I’m really happy i got lucky enough to meet them because I’m a 99.9% skeptical when it comes to things like this, but it turns out they work as underground launderers in turkey, mostly ziraat bank and have a 100% policy against scams. The card can be sent to you through DHL in two days if you contact them early via e-mail:blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com or watsapp: +1 (620) 307-3174. or kindly find more on their website Get yours now. I mean right now if you know you’re struggling financially and thank me for eternity. Bye for now. +1 (620) 307-3174.